Emerge California’s signature program is a 6-month, intensive training program for Democratic women who are planning to run for elected office. The training equips leaders with the resources, knowledge, connections and community of support necessary for a successful run for elected office. Emerge California is intentional about recruiting self-identified Democratic women from groups that have been historically excluded from politics, including the New American Majority — Black, Brown, and Indigenous women, women of color, LGBTQ+ women, young, and unmarried women.
In 2024, we will train approximately 50-55 program members throughout the state. The 6-month training runs from January to June.
- Get to know Emerge California by reading our statement, “This is Our Why.” (More information about us can be found in the “About” section, and we encourage you to check out the Emerge California Alums who are currently serving in elected office!)
- Discover why you should apply to train with us and run for elected office.
- Understand the Application Process, including information about the application timeline and fee, program tuition and scholarship and grant opportunities, and the time and fundraising commitments if accepted into the program.
- Learn the Selection Criteria for how program members are selected to participate in the program.
- Join our Recruitment Events this summer — we’d love to meet you and answer any questions you may have!
- Review Our Curriculum and meet some of our top-notch Trainers.