We are now accepting applications for the
Emerge California Class of 2021!
Sign up on our Class of 2021 Interest Form
so we can stay in touch with you about
the application and recruitment process!
Emerge California’s signature program is a 6-month, intensive training program for Democratic self-identified women who are planning to run for elected office. The training equips leaders with the resources, knowledge, connections and community of support necessary for a successful run for elected office. Emerge California is intentional about recruiting self-identified Democratic women from groups that have been historically underrepresented in politics, including Black women, non-Black women of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ women.
Each year, we train a class of approximately 45-60 program members throughout the state. The class consists of three regional cohorts — Northern California, Southern California and the Central Valley. The 6-month training runs from January to June each year.
The following information is intended to introduce you to Emerge California, help you discover why you should apply, and provide all the information you need to know about our recruitment and selection process and our signature training. We recommend taking these actions if you are interested in applying for the Emerge California Class of 2021:
- Get to know Emerge California by reading our statement, “This is Our Why.” (More information about us can be found in the “About” section, and we encourage you to check out the Emerge California Alumnae who are currently serving in elected office and running in 2020!)
- Discover why you should apply to train with us and run for elected office.
- Sign up on our Class of 2021 Interest Form so we can stay in touch with you about the application and recruitment process!
- Understand the Application Process, including information about the application timeline and fee, our regional cohorts, program tuition and scholarship and grant opportunities, and the time and fundraising commitments if accepted into the program.
- Learn the Selection Criteria for how program members are selected to participate in the program.
- Join one of our Recruitment Sessions — we’d love to meet you and answer any questions you may have!
- Review Our Curriculum and meet our top-notch Trainers.
- Calendar the dates of the 2021 Training Sessions (attendance at all training sessions is required upon acceptance into the program) and learn how the program will be delivered virtually in 2021.