Program members meet approximately one weekend a month for six months and receive top-notch training from political professionals.
Woven throughout the training program is a focus on racial justice and equity, as well as the opportunity to build one of the most important of candidate skills—the ability and confidence to fundraise.
The 6-Month Emerge California Curriculum includes:
- Fighting for Racial Justice and Equity as a Candidate and Elected Leader
- Fundraising: Building the Skills and Confidence to Raise Money
- Public Speaking: Finding and Using Your Authentic Voice
- Communications: Messaging, Paid and Earned Media, Campaign Mail and Digital Communications
- Building a Campaign Strategy: Planning a Timeline, Developing a Budget, and Hiring a Campaign Team
- Ground Game: Field Operations and Endorsement Strategy
- Networking with elected leaders and political organizations, including Democratic women organizations, organized labor, and the California Democratic Party